St Laurence’s Church – Church Stretton

JBKS Architects

St Laurence’s Church – Church Stretton The Victorian reordering of St Laurence’s, a grade I listed church, seriously constrained the way in which the building could be used. With no side aisles, the congregation were segregated into three; those seated in the transepts could not see those in the nave. The narrow gangway between pews […]

St Peter’s Church – Furze Platt

Church Architects UK

St Peter’s Church – Furze Platt The new extension at St Peter’s Church replaces an old 1970’s bungalow-like extension. With an increasing activity schedule from both church and community use, it had become apparent that the space provided was woefully inadequate. The new extension is nestled onto the same restricted site and fully maximises the […]

Our Lady of Lourdes – Hungerford

lordes1

Our Lady of Lourdes – Hungerford In 1939, the original church building arrived on the back of a lorry from London. It was a second-hand, pre-fabricated structure and was placed in the corner of a two acre plot of land donated by William Strickland. The intention was always to construct a ‘proper’ church buidling. However, […]

Trinity United Reformed Church – Harrow

trinity1

Trinity United Reformed Church – Harrow Trinity is an active Church for Sunday worship with five children’s groups using the meeting rooms and halls. On weekdays there are a wide variety of Church and community groups using the facilities. A big part of the Church’s mission is the ‘Weldon Centre’, a charitable organisation providing day […]

St Bede’s Church, Presbytery – Basingstoke

bede

St Bede’s Church, Presbytery – Basingstoke Originally a Maguire & Co project Accompanying the main church project at St Bede’s was the design and construction of a four-bed presbytery in which the priests live. This was built close to the church in a clean, minimalist modern style. Construction began in January 2005 and the project […]

Christchurch – Chorley Wood

chorley

Christchurch – Chorley Wood The new church rooms to support the work of Christchurch, Chorleywood replaced a life-expired 1960s church hall which was no longer meeting the Church’s needs. Christchurch is a prominent building overlooking Chorleywood common and clearly visible from the busy A404 connecting the town with the M25 and Rickmansworth. The architectural challenge […]

St Leonard’s Church – Watlington

leonard

St Leonard’s Church – Watlington St Leonard’s Church was restored in the nineteenth century. The stripping of the plaster from the walls and the introduction of much stained glass made the interior – already lacking light from the absence of clerestorey windows – dark and gloomy; inadequate heating also made it cold. Our work in […]

St Mary Le-Magdalene – Bristol

magdalene

St Mary Le-Magdalene – Bristol St Mary Magdalene is a beautiful grade 2 listed church building located in Stoke Bishop, Bristol. The internal reordering was the first of a 2 phase scheme; the second phase will be a two storey side extension containing the necessary facilities for the church to continue to grow. The lighting […]

Christ Church – Fulwood

ChristchurchFulwood

Christ Church – Fulwood The existing church building was constructed in 1837 with a plain Victorian Nave, and no side aisles. In 1953 the South Aisle was added and the Chancel extended upwards and eastwards by the architect George Pace. The North Aisle was added in 1983 by Pace’s pupil Ronald Sims. The church is […]

Greyfriars Church – Reading

Greyfriars Church Reading

Greyfriars Church – Reading Greyfriars is getting a brand new West End, and more. The church, dates back to 1285 on the current site, a former Franciscan Friary, but restored as a Victorian Church in the 1860’s. In 2000 it was re-ordered by Maguire &Co, (Predecessors to JBKS Architects) and has since grown and developed […]